by Lavoisier Cornerstone

Gospel singer Deitrick Haddon in a love scene??? Yes he is...with is wife! : )

Deitrick Haddon, Damita Haddon, IROCC Williams, Mali Music, Drew Sidora, Karen Clark Sheard, Cheryl Lee Ralph, Rance Allen, J.Moss, Jorell Quinn (of 2103) and more, all star in this modern day adaptation of the story of David and Saul written by Deitrick Haddon. Its a straight to DVD flick that looks like its going to be the most relevant church flick I've seen in a minute, joint looks Offish. "God has always led me to believe I'd be doing films and He's always given me stories and I would write...and this is the first one." says Deitrck in a video that captures behind the scenes footage. Grow the Heck Up is looking forward to this one, big homie! Chuuuch!

15 Response to Blessed and Cursed: Starring Deitrick Haddon

Friday, April 02, 2010 12:47:00 PM

This looks good enough to be in theaters, the actual movie will tell foreal though.... lookin 4ward 2 it.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:06:00 AM

Is it in theaters ? by the way love scenes are cool as long as it's done in good taste (ie no ass cheeks, no breasts, no bed rockin, no screaming no body gettin lifted up bent over or tossed etc )

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:35:00 PM

Yo exegesis...your comment was bugged..lol. Joint made me laugh out loud...but I feel you though.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:15:00 PM

I just watched this movie with mi 17 year old daughter,and we both were in tears.I loved the movie,your way of making me wont to get up and dance for GOD.Keep up the GOOD work we love you and may GOD bless you and your family.

SLS
Monday, January 17, 2011 3:39:00 AM

TERRIBLE FILM (Blessed and Curse words) : THIS FILM IS HAZARDOUS TO TRUE CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments will be harsh but it wont be no CUSSIN in them, i don't do that, I'm delivered from that! Watched it just to see how far these gospel artist will go to compromise!

As for critiquing the movie structure: Young Dwight didn't even last long so what was the point of even showing himself young. No attention getter whatsoever; i guess the attention getter was all the big famous names in gospel??? The story plot, i do not get it, how is it that Dwight is delivered from fornication so quickly! There was no deliverance service no repentance, no Jesus Christ. It was depicted so unreal.
There was no rising action, no climax, no falling action, no lesson. It really seemed like a self-righteous film showing TOO MUCH OF DEITRICK showcasing his TALENTS as Dwight! Speaking of talents why is it that within this movie as well as real life church folk always confused talent for the anointing? Folks said Tonex was anointed cuz he cud hit them HIGH notes but now he's exposed that all along he was GAY, so was it the anointed then???or TALENT!!!

Back to the self-righteousness of this film, the opening song first words by SUZZY was the some of the most anti-christ lyrics written : "If you want more record sales, then you gotta show more of yourself" when JESUS clearly says for us to DENY ourselves pick up our cross and follow HIM (Mat 16:24)!!!

I don't know who was first Tyler Perry or TD Jakes, but why is it now that every so called "christian" film is following this trend with getting away with cuss words in the scripts! What is a cussin christian??? As Christians we are to put off that old man of FILTHY LANGUAGE and put on a new man who is renewed... according to HIM that has created him Col 3:8

In this movie, signing or shall i say screaming, record deals, tours, and music was more glorified in this film then Jesus, even though just about every gospel artist or minister will claim that their mission is to do a great work for Jesus. How can you do that and never even glorify him! We don't even know if Dwight was saved, all we know is that he was a singing fornicating PK.

Although i believe the film had no true Godly lesson, i got my own. I learned that I i were a practicing fornicator (which I'm not) that i can get up on stage, sing and dance around and make folks cry and have a powerful EMOTIONAL move, they will call me anointed confusing talent for the anointing, then i can write songs, record albums, and become famous, and self-righteous i.e. the very opposite of what Jesus tells us to do!

Lastly,I jus knew some type of demonic symbolism was going to be in this film; what is a HEXOGRAM doing in a "christian" film???? It can be researched as the most DEMONIC film of SATAN!!!

P.S. True christian believers, we've got to pray, because if these kinds of films are what's passing for "christian" films then it can only get worse. The devil is NOT playing, if he can transform himself into an angel of light then he also can transform his ministers into ministers of righteous. It's already enough that these so called "gospel" artist/ministers will even feature with the devil's music artist and stars.

Please listen to these teaching by Minister G. Craige Lewis; a powerful minister of GOD who preaches UNCOMPROMISABLE TRUTH!

Talents are not Gifts teaching

Saturday, February 05, 2011 10:30:00 PM

SLS... Ill say one thing, and one thing only. You lose ALL credibility for posting up G. Craige Lewis. How can he be taken seriously when he criticized Cross Movement and Lecrae?

StreetPreacher
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 1:24:00 AM

SLS is soooo on target. This movie was full of flesh I had to remove my 11year old and 7 yr old out the room. Jesus Christ was not glorified but flesh. The Bible says "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.1Cor10:31
strip club, cussin, lust of money and fame with a polite ending. We are living in the Last Days our Lord is soon to return we can't be found trying to get rich on the gospel -(Good news) Hell is real. Let's get focused Church. Is this how the church of Jesus Christ conducts itself God help us!

KAYLA ANDERSON
Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:52:00 AM

FOR ALL THE CRITICS I SAY THIS IN THE NAME OF JESUS, AND ON THE BEHALF OF BROTHER DEITEICK HADDON

(FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY!!!!) AND MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOULS.

Anonymous
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:00:00 AM

Any thing that is self-serving and fails to give Glory to God is idolatry. May the Spirit of TRUTH minister to our Hearts.

Anonymous
Thursday, January 05, 2012 6:31:00 AM

Dwight clearly told his babe that he's no more into it...he's using his gift of singing to pass a message across in a movie... how come i felt the power of God and a mindset to begin doing things for God and yet you say it has no Godly lesson? check ur self critically. He has been a blessing to this generation of youth... i mean D haddy!!! maybe you should pray more!

Anonymous
Sunday, June 24, 2012 6:00:00 PM

SLS is on point and in tune to Gods message. So happy someone spoke up.

Anonymous
Friday, August 03, 2012 8:02:00 PM

All u so called church ppl are full of bull I love god and it ppl like you who make ppl think that church is not the way .......I'm gonna say it cause I can go fuck yourselves
.....oh lord please forgive me

Dani
Monday, September 03, 2012 4:02:00 AM

Sls men ur on point the first day i watched dat film i saw a lot of things dat are rilly bad dear christians wer is ur faith if christ comes now wuld u make heaven..as for me i dnt give a damn about all dis gosple musicians and preachers or watso evr it is writen in d bible in d last days there shal b false prophet who wuld b there 2 disciv u 4rm making heaven ryt nw i onli trust God and nobody else.....

Anonymous
Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:49:00 PM

SLS, I read your comments, and I understand your perspective. The Gospel is an inclusive message. Everyone was no as "churched" as you seemed to be. I found your comments more self-righteous than the film itself. There are many paths to Christ, but there is only one Door. Get over yourself I pray. Perform community outreach.

Monday, October 01, 2012 3:06:00 AM

I liked the movie it did exactly what movies are supposed to do entertain.